Your Time of Celebration Carol Moon - celebrant for your time of celebration

What you need to do

There are certain obligations (under the marriage Act 1961) that a couple intending to be married must meet before your marriage.

A Notice of intended Marriage must be lodged with your Marriage Celebrant no less than one month and no more than eighteen months prior to the marriage.

If you were born in Australia you must produce your original Birth Certificate, or authorised extract of such certificate.

If you were born outside of Australia you are also required to produce birth certificates. However, if you don't have that document you can produce your overseas Passport.

If either of you were previously married a copy of the Divorce Certificate or if the spouse is deceased, a Death Certificate, must be produced.

Prior to your wedding both partners will be required to sign a declaration, under the Marriage Act 1961, stating that you believe there is no legal impediment to the marriage between yourself and your partner.

Any person under eighteen must obtain approval of a court of law to be married (under the marriage Act 1961).

To discuss your ceremony needs please feel free to contact me.